- Printed books, manuscripts, and albums with paper textblocks
- Mounted works of art on paper, print & photograph collections
- Books and manuscripts with paper textblock and leather, cloth or paper coverings.
- Small, to large sized volumes. 64m0 to large folio and beyond
- Other object types
Why choose this box?
- The standard, classic book box familiar to custodians and readers of rare books
- The entire length of the spine is visible on opening the box
- Facilitates single-handed lifting or sliding of the contents from the box
- Good for particularly heavy or thick volumes as they can be slid from the base tray.
- Good for volumes with damaged spine covering material
- Print and photograph collections can be sorted within the box trays
- Right to left opening for western volumes
- Left to right opening for middle eastern or oriental volumes
- Deep base tray lining for finger access underneath heavy volumes
- The housing of multiple volumes of differing sizes
- Tailor cut base tray liner to accommodate binding features; clasps, bosses, etc.
- Tailored magnetic textblock support to prevent textblock drag during vertical storage.
Construction and materials. I take care to ensure your box is capable of fulfilling its protective function for as long as possible. All my boxes are constructed with:
- Laminated double walls and step-joints
- Cloth or leather coverings with as few external raw edges as possible
- A fold of cloth at each corner to prevent the cloth bursting should a corner take a knock.
- Archival Millboard carcass
- Heavyweight Buckram or linen cloth covering or an alternative cloth of your choice
- Conservation grade board or paper linings as appropriate
- Material specifications are tailored to suit the exact requirements of the contents and your preference
- Quarter, half or full leather exterior cover.
- Direct titling or title label available
- Leather labels with gold leaf finishing
- Decorative finishing
Please do contact me to make an enquiry or discuss your requirements further.