- Printed books, manuscripts and portrait format albums required for very short term display such as open days or “Friends” events, study days.
- “Tight back” and “hollow spine” volumes
- Designed for stand-alone use or with Foam book support systems
- Compatible for use with The Book Shelter
Why choose this cradle?
- Specifically designed to facilitate the quick and simple display of books so that you can spend your time telling your stories
- It’s simple to use
- It provides the book with suitable support so that you can display your volumes quickly and safely
- Its robust construction enables years of use
- The smooth paper finish makes it suitable for use with bindings with deteriorated covering leather
- You can use it with foam block book supports systems to support your book with greater accuracy
- It’s designed to display your book flat.
- You can have it covered with a cloth of your choice to give uniformity to your display and your room interior
- Each type of universal book support comes in three sizes:
- Small 225 x 370mm (Ht x Wd)
- Medium 349 x 500mm
- Large 470 x 760mm
- Choice of covering cloth
Construction and materials: I take care to ensure your book cradle is capable of fulfilling its protective function for as long as possible. All my universal book supports are constructed using:
- Conservation grade board carcass
- Book cloth of your choice
- Smooth archival quality paper liner to ensure no rubbing of delicate covering materials on cradle cloth turn-ins
- Material specifications can be tailored to suit your preference