If you would like to discuss purchasing a tailor-made box or cradle, I suggest making initial contact by telephone so that you can tell me what you want to achieve and we can discuss how best to proceed. This can also be done by email or by completing the form below.
If you have not purchased tailor-made boxes and cradles before the process can seem daunting. “What if I don’t get my measurements right?”, “I don’t know how to draw a cradle profile”. Don’t worry, I will make this as simple as possible.
If you are a conservator and you are familiar with measuring objects and drawing cradle profiles I am happy to work from your information. You can send me measurements by email, by filling in the form below and by post. Please also supply an image of the object(s).
In any case, I will contact you by email within two working days to clarify any question I may have or request additional information.
Once you have made initial contact, the process for creating your box(es) or cradle(s) continues as set out below:
> Initial Consultation
- So that I can give you a quote for your book box(es) or cradle(s) I will need some specific information. An image of the object(s) is also necessary. This allows me to check I have taken all the necessary attributes into consideration.
- During our consultation we will discuss the aims of your project, agree design and material specifications and timescales.
- If your project is complex it may be necessary for me to collect the information I need directly from your object(s) either at your premises or in my studio. I do not need to keep the objects during the making process unless there are specific reasons to do so.
- I will then send you a quote within five working days from receipt of the required information. If the project is lengthy or complex it may take me longer to provide you with a quote.
- You then decide if you want to go ahead on the basis of the quote provided. I will supply a sample image of your purchase so that you can see exactly what you will be getting and a material specification.
- I then commence the making of your item(s) and deliver within the agreed timetable.
> Delivery and Fitting
- If your project is straight forward or you have experience of using and fitting these items, your purchases will be delivered by post or courier.
- I can personally deliver and fit complex purchases. Or, you can visit my studio where we can check the fit together.
- Occasionally alterations need to be made post production to ensure the perfect fit for your object. Alterations are made free of charge if I or one of my representatives has measured your object.