- Printed books, manuscripts and albums with paper textblocks
- Mounted art on paper, print and photograph collections
- Volumes with leather, cloth or paper coverings
- Any sized volumes. 64m0 to large folio and beyond
- Other object types
Why choose this box?
- You require the volume to be lifted from the box with both hands
- The design of the box ensures the stability of the volume within the box, allowing no room for movement of the volume within the box
- Volumes with vulnerable surface decoration or friable covering material
- structurally damaged volumes that require specific and careful handling
- Right to left opening for western volumes
- Left to right opening for middle eastern or oriental volumes
- Deep base tray lining for finger access underneath heavy volumes
- Tailor cut base tray liner to accommodate binding features; clasps, bosses, etc.
- Tailored magnetic textblock support to prevent textblock drag during vertical storage
- The housing of multiple objects of differing sizes
Construction and materials: I take care to ensure your box is capable of fulfilling its protective function for as long as possible. All my boxes are constructed with:
- Laminated double walls and step-joints
- Cloth or leather coverings with as few external raw edges as possible
- A fold of cloth at each corner to prevent the cloth bursting should a corner take a knock.
- Archival Millboard carcass
- Heavyweight Buckram or linen cloth covering or an alternative cloth of your choice
- Conservation grade board or paper linings as appropriate
- Material specifications are tailored to suit the exact requirements of the contents and your preference
- Quarter, half or full leather exterior cover.
- Direct titling or title label available
- Leather labels with gold leaf finishing
- Decorative finishing
Please do contact me to make an enquiry or discuss your requirements further.