- Thin pamphlets and manuscripts required to be stored individually on the shelf
- Rare pamphlets and manuscript documents
- Non-self supporting documents without covers that require support and protection on the bookshelf
Why choose this system?
- You require a thin binding or document to be stored individually on the shelf and it requires support to stay upright
- Your library is a historic room and you want to avoid visually inappropriate boxboard on your shelves
- Your pamphlet or binding is too thin for a conventional binding box
- Your rare pamphlet or binding requires a higher level of presentation than a conventional box board wrapper
- Tailor-made mounts and nesting for complex artefacts
- Compensation for additional characteristics such as seals or binding decoration
- The housing of multiple, related items in a single enclosure
Construction and Materials: This stiff board “four-flap” enclosure is constructed from Archival Cover Paper or similar enclosed within a stiff, cloth-covered case. It is tailor-made to fold around the volume exactly, providing support and protection from accidental damage and light.
- Archival Folding Boxboard or Cover Paper of an appropriate gauge
- Book cloth
- Book cloth type and colour of your choosing
- Quarter, half or full leather covering
- Titling on the front board
Got more questions? Want an estimate? Call me or submit the enquiry form.