- Single or multiple sheet documents such as letters, flyers, notes, drawings and sketches required to be stored flat
- Sheet items that are required to be secured for their physical safety.
- Sheet items that are required to be stored in a particular order
- Fragile sheet items that it is preferable not to handle directly or that require not to be flexed excessively….or at all.
- Sheet documents that have characteristics such as seals and additions items with them
Why choose this system?
- Individual loose sheet documents are vulnerable to loss or re-ordering. This system prevents both
- Archival quality support and protection for physically and chemically vulnerable sheet documents.
- You want the reader/viewer to be able to examine the document without the need to handle it. Each item is secured to a support sheet which is used to turn the document over without directly handling the original item.
- Documents can be displayed in-situ in the fascicule ready for use in your exhibitions/events without the need for any additional handling or preparation
- You want to permanently eliminate the need to directly handle the document during transportation, viewing or display
- The system can be constructed to meet the physical needs of your collection
- This flexible system can accommodate large or small collections in a variety of binding structures to exactly suit the way you wish to use your collection
- Tailor-made mounts for complex artefacts
- Exhibition quality mounting and display
- Nesting and support or document features such as seals and skippets
- Magnetic mounting systems where appropriate
- Pressure flap to constrain cockling in large multi-sheet parchment documents
- Acrylic glazing (see Charter Display and Charter Window display box)
Construction and Materials: simple single section pamphlets or multisection bindings, this system can adapt to provide your collection with the structure that is most appropriate.
- Single section pamphlets composed of archival quality paper of an appropriate weight for your collection
- Heavyweight archival paper fold cover
- Or, archival quality, multi-section textblock with a stiff board cover finished in cloth or leather
- Textblock composed of a variety of papers suitable to accommodate photographs, textiles or plant specimens
- Materials specifications are tailored to suit the exact requirements of the objects and your preferences
- Covering style of your choice from a paper fold to a folded paper cover or a stiff board binding
- Title label, cloth or leather
- Label holder
Got more questions? Want an estimate? Call me or submit the enquiry form.