- The storage of two (or more) single or multiple sheet documents such as charters, maps, illuminations or scrolls required to be stored together, flat.
- Both documents are secured within glazed mounts, ready for open display without the need a display case
- Treasure documents that are required for display at events and VIP functions
- Sheet documents that are difficult to handle in their rolled or folded state
- Complex sheet documents that have additional characteristics that make them difficult to handle such as seals, skippets and tassels.
- Sheet documents required regularly for reading and display
- Sheet artefacts for which it would be preferable for them not to be handled directly
Why choose this box?
- You have two documents you require to be stored together to preserve their historical and physical context
- You want to be able to use the items in your storytelling, easily
- You want readers to have access to them without the need to handle them
- You want to be able to put the documents on open display at events and have them protected from casual handling and accidental damage
- It provides robust protection for vulnerable large sheet documents
- You want the documents to be display ready for use in your exhibitions without the need for any additional handling or preparation
- You want to permanently eliminate the need to directly handle the documents during transportation, viewing or display
- Tailor-made mounts for complex artefacts
- Exhibition quality mounting and display
- Nesting and support for document features such as seals and skippets
- Internal environmental control for parchment documents
- Magnetic mounting systems where appropriate
Construction and Materials: I take care to ensure your box is capable of fulfilling its protective function for as long as possible so all my boxes are constructed with:
- laminated double walls and step-joints to provide a self-supporting carcass
- Cloth-covered with as few external raw edges as possible
- A fold of cloth at each corner to prevent the cloth from bursting should it take a knock
- Archival lightweight support board and millboard carcass
- Heavyweight Archive buckram or linen book cloth covering cloth
- Conservation grade board or paper linings as appropriate for the objects
- Materials specifications are tailored to suit the exact requirements of the objects and your preferences
- Covering cloth of your choice
- Title label, cloth or leather
- Label holder
- Carrying handles
Got more questions? Want an estimate? Call me or submit the enquiry form.