A “two tray” box with an internal, independent mount, for the storage of one, single or multiple sheet, flat document. Providing the highest quality of finish, the document is housed within its own glazed display mount to facilitate its use in situations where a display case is not available.
- The storage and support of non-self supporting sheet documents such as charters, maps, illuminations, scrolls or textiles.
- Artefacts that are required to be stored flat
- Treasure documents that are required for display at events and VIP functions
- Sheet documents that are difficult to handle in their rolled or folded state
- Complex sheet documents that have additional characteristics that make them difficult to handle such as seals, skippets and tassels.
- Sheet documents required regularly for reading and display
- Sheet artefacts for which it would be preferable for them not to be handled directly
Why choose this box?
- You want to be able to use the artefact in your storytelling, easily
- You want readers to have access to view and read them but not to handle them
- You want to be able to put the document on open display at events and have it protected from casual handling and accidental damage
- It provides robust protection for vulnerable large sheet documents
- You want the document to be display ready for use in your exhibitions without the need for any additional handling or preparation
- You want to permanently eliminate the need to directly handle the document during transportation, viewing or display
- Tailor-made mounts for complex artefacts
- Exhibition quality mounting and display
- Nesting and support for document features such as seals and skippets
- Internal environmental control for parchment documents
- Magnetic mounting systems where appropriate
Construction and Materials: I take care to ensure your box is capable of fulfilling its protective function for as long as possible so all my boxes are constructed with:
- laminated double walls and step-joints to provide a self-supporting carcass
- Cloth-covered with as few external raw edges as possible
- A fold of cloth at each corner to prevent the cloth from bursting should it take a knock
- Archival lightweight support board and millboard carcass
- Heavyweight Archive buckram or linen book cloth covering cloth
- Conservation grade board or paper linings as appropriate for the objects
- Materials specifications are tailored to suit the exact requirements of the objects and your preferences
- Covering cloth of your choice
- Title label, cloth or leather
- Label holder
- Carrying handles
Got more questions? Want an estimate? Call me or submit the enquiry form.