Arca Preservation has extensive experience of conserving, binding and preserving library and archive material and artefacts. Much our work is bespoke and “one-off” so if you do not see what you need below, please contact us to find out if we can help you with your project.
Here’s an idea of the types of objects I’ve worked with:
- Leather, parchment, and tawed skin covered western manuscripts, 14th-century to contemporary bindings
- Embroidered, fabric, book cloth and paper covered textblocks, 14th-century to contemporary bindings
- Volumes with parchment and paper textblocks, from the 14th century to the present
- Leather, parchment and cloth-covered printed books, from 15th century to present
- Unique volumes such as fine book-bindings, private press editions and artists’ books
- Single-sheet parchments, including heraldic pedigrees, maps, rolls, scrolls and charters
- Scrapbooks, albums, notebooks and pamphlets
- Photograph albums
- Single-sheet collections, including letters, prints, drawings, posters and ephemera
My client work pages give case studies of some of the projects I’ve worked on.
We often work with colleagues from other conservation disciplines to tackle more complex objects, such as those composed of multiple materials or media.